Thursday, July 03, 2008

Best Pickup Lines For Approaching Women

Best Pickup Lines For Approaching Women
The Top 8 Ways To Approach Women Using Pickup Lines
by April Masini

Q: Dear April,


I am absolutely terrible at approaching women. Would you PLEASE give me some tips? A few pickup lines would be great too!

Dude Desperately Seeking Pickup Lines


A:

Dear Dude Desperate for Pickup Lines:

First, Dude, here’s a little insight into the minds of women: Women are attracted to confidence, class, style, and intelligence. Men, on the other hand, will marry a girl who works at McDonalds if she’s beautiful, hot, and sexy enough. If you keep these differences in mind, you’ll increase your dating averages immediately.

Confidence Is The Key To Success
If you dress well, speak with assurance and carry yourself with confidence, you’ll convey positive things about yourself. In essence, you’re saying, "I can be looked up to, admired, and trusted: I respect myself." That is a message women will hear loud and clear, and it’s probably better than any pickup line that I can give you.

With that said, here are a few approaches and pick-up lines:


1) THE ADVICE SEEKER: Solicit her opinion on something like what you should get your mother for her birthday (You're demonstrating that you like her great taste!).

2) THE INNOCENT: "I'm really not trying to pick you up; I just wanted to know if you've ever been to such-and-such, because I know I've seen you there before, and I didn't want you to think I was rude by not acknowledging you."

3) THE COMEDIAN: Tell your best joke...If you get a laugh, introduce yourself. If you just get a blank stare -- run!

4) THE REVERSE PSYCHOLOGIST: Walk over, smile, and ask, "Would you like to meet me?"

5) THE CHARMER: If your "target hottie" is standing alone, try the playful approach with: "If he doesn't show, I'll be right over here" or "There you are! I've been looking all over for you."

6) THE BOLD APPROACH: Come right out with it with: "You know, I've never been a shy violet - I'm really attracted to you and would really like to get to know you."

7) THE WINK & RUN: Walk by, wink, smile, and keep going... If she's interested, she'll follow and introduce herself, or figure out a way to make some intense eye contact.

8) THE OLD STAND-BY: With hand extended say, "Hi, my name is ...."

Remember: the first time you meet someone, you have an opportunity that will never come again—the chance to make a fantastic first impression! How you look—and what you say and do, along with how you say and do it—will either make or break you.

Need more advice on approaching women? Pick up my book Date Out Of Your League and learn my 5 dating success tenets. It will save you lots of time and heartache if you are willing to accept, grasp, and follow the numbers game tenets.

Good Luck!

April Masini -- nicknamed "the new millennium's Dear Abby" by the media, is author of the best-selling books Date Out Of Your League and Think & Date Like A Man, the two (just released) step-by-step dating and relationship manuals, 50 First Dates and The Next 50 Dates, and the critically acclaimed dating and relationship online magazine

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad...pick up lines!
Guys--just be YOURSELVES. If you are confident...just walk up to any woman who piques your interest--and introduce yourself and ask her what her name is!

It's that simple.

Not rocket-science, fellas.

Be assertive, but not aggressive or obnoxious.

Her reaction will let you know if she is a "lady" or a "biotch"!
You pick which you want! LOL

Good luck,

Sincerely,
A very Direct Woman! :)

Anonymous said...

I think its kind of cute the idea of men getting nervous talking to us. I would probably go for the cheesy pick up lines that make me smile or laugh without me even knowing I am doing it.