Monday, October 19, 2009



Hi, please let me know what you think of this proposed free event.

Safe alternatives to CD's for singles

With CD's paying 1-2%, I went on a hunt to find a safe alternative and was introduced to the world of Triple Tax Free Municipal Bonds.

Bonds? What?? You Crazy?? I am not tying my money up for 30 years!!.

After I was educated a little more about bonds, I found they seem to be a pretty safe investment and DO NOT require you to keep them to maturity.

So...........

Are you interested in a free 30-45 minute event where you can learn about understanding bonds and how they may be a great alternative to cd's? This event would be held by a licensed financial advisor and WOULD NOT...I repeat WOULD NOT be a sales pitch. It would be educational in nature.

If enough people are interested (leave me a comment below or email me at Info@WeekendDating.com) I will set it up.

PS- The event would come with some free food :)

Thanks

Jay

PSS- Full Disclosure- I recently bought Triple Tax Free municipal bonds myself, however would not receive any value from this

12 comments:

Anonomous said...

Dear Jay,

The value of the “event” is nominal.


While I again congratulate you on the new software / look …. Etc …. I think this promotion makes you look like a pitchman = reduces your credibility and will be a detriment to WD if repeated too often.



Just my honest opinion.

Jay said...

Thanks for the comment from the last poster.

I have had several people ask for a financial related topic.

I was clueless as to understanding bonds and was very glad that I got a little education. When I asked friends and family, they really didnt have a clue and thought as I did that you had to hold bonds for a long long time.

So I hear where you are coming from as far as looking like a pitchman, but that was not the intent at all. If I was clueless on the topic, then others could benefit as well.


This would be an event for singles only, so I see some value in the fact that people can learn something new (if they are unfamiliar with bonds), get to meet some other singles and get some good food.

Thanks again for the comment though.

Anonymous said...

Sure.

Anonymous said...

I have actually been wondering where I should squirrel away my loot.

I would be interested in such an event.

Not everyone is so money savvy as the first responder here.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jay, Why not...it can't hurt...people like to listen to what other people have to say...especially about investment ideas. It's free food, free event...I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

That sounds great I would definitely go if it is in Suffolk County.

Anonymous said...

I'm familiar with TTF bonds and I'm sure there would be people who will find it useful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,

I think this is a great idea! Why not? Honestly, it's not really of interest to me, but I am sure that there are many people who would be interested in something like this. Who wouldn't want to gain some knowledge and possibly meet someone at the same time ;)
Good luck!

TheAmazingLonno said...

I would definitely attend.
A 30 minute Q and A on muni's would be more than fair.

Do you need a speaker on this ???

Anonymous said...

I would be very interested in such an event.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Jay-
I agree that this would be an interesting event, and useful to many, who want options and to diverse their portfolios further. And it's also a nice way to network and mingle...free food--free event? You can't go wrong. I'll all for it. I'll go...preferably in either Queens or Nassau County though.
-Elizabeth

NYC Singles said...

Any chance for singles to mingle is a good one. Why not learn something at the same time.