Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sex Education for Singles?

Hi Jay,I attended one of the single events at the Commack bowling alley back in December. I was the very energetic Morgan.


I am currently at a professional conference for educators in which many of us in the field are discussing how people our own age DO NOT know the updates on birth control and Sex Education.


Since some people are newly divorced, they might remember what they were taught in school, yet need an update.What do you think about offering a "Women's only" and "Men's Only" update on sexuality issue for the singles that use your services? I would love to offer a workshop for singles!!!


I am passionate about what I do, and I promise would make the evening fun!!!


What do you think Please comment on the blog if this is an event you would like to see. Secondly, if you do like the event idea would you prefer it to be women only, guys only, or co-ed?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea. however, birth control is not a reasonable topic. Newly dating should ONLY use condoms. Dont put any other ideas in mens brains. But they should know that when a girl says you should wear a condom for Oral Sex it should not be questioned. Please explain these dangers. Birth Control is not for this group. In this day and age pregnancy wont kill you but AIDS. will

Anonymous said...

Would the mens sex education event encourage or help men who don't have sex often or have before get sex? Other than that I wouldn't see the point in one of these events because people can educate themselves on this subject on the internet.

Anonymous said...

I'll take a pass on this one. I'm not sure what age group Morgan is talking about, but as a 46 year old woman, I can tell you it's been years since I've met anyone who is not well aware of what they need to do to protect themselves from STD's - no matter whether they were never married, newly divorced or divorced 10 years ago. Between the media, governmental agencies and our own private health professionals, this information is widely available and regularly dispensed. If people still take chances in this day and age that is their perogative, and I'm afraid NO amount of sex education classes (however entertaining they might be) is going to change an individual who, for whatever reasons, chooses to engage in high risk sexual behaviors. It's the old adage...you can take a horse to water...

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good idea. For example, I don't know about condoms for oral sex. I'm sure I'm not alone!

Anonymous said...

hi jay - an interesting idea for sure. personally i am fairly informed about this subject, but i think it's a great idea for those who might feel that they'd like to catch up. i think doing it co-ed or men only or women only would depend on the comfort level of those folks who will participate.

thanks for throwing those new ideas at us...keeps us on our toes.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a wonderful Idea. There are a lot of newly divorced/widowed people who have NOT been on the dating scene in a long time. This would save them the trauma of any "unwanted" disease or situation. The dating world has become a lot more dangerous than when I started 27 years ago